This is a quick and easy dish to make for dinner in a hurry. It will probably take you less than an hour, and its delicious!
6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
1 large onion diced
2 green peppers cut into bite sized pieces (you can pretty much use any veg you want, cauliflower would also be good – if you want a vegetarian version of this, you can omit chicken and sub in tofu and cauliflower)
3 TBSP butter
4 TBSP tomato paste
3 Cloves of garlic minced
1 Can of coconut milk
6 tsp curry powder (add more or less to suit your taste)
- Cook some rice to serve with this dish
- Heat a pot on medium and coat bottom with olive oil
- Once oil is hot, add the onions and season with salt
- After 5 minutes, add the curry power; I used the one in the picture below, but you can use any you want. You will have to adjust how much you put in though as each will vary in strength. Garam Masala and Fenugreek leaves are a very good combo too.
5. Once the onions are translucent, reduce heat and add the garlic
6. After a minute, add the tomato paste and butter. Cook for a few minutes more.
7. Add the coconut milk, increase the temperature, and bring everything to a boil.
8. Once boiling, reduce heat and add the chicken.
9. Simmer for 10-20 minutes and then add the vegetables.
10. Season with salt. Continue to taste and season until it tastes good to you. Serve with the rice and enjoy!